Saturday, September 2, 2017

Thanks!

Afternoon, everyone, it is currently 1325 (1:25P) here in Dallas, TX.  I have so far enjoyed this trip to Dallas and assisting with the ILSb/ICBB!  As many of you already know, I have had an issue with drugs in the past, and because of that I have either the PTSD flashbacks and/or "triggers".  I had a trigger hit me on Friday night of the event, and it hit me HARD.  I had the urge to go use, I wanted to use BAD.
But, I did what I knew I needed to do, I needed to go and talk to someone.  I went to my friends that I have known for years and they helped me off that cliff.  I have not had a trigger hit me in over five months, and quite unsure as to why it hit.  No matter what it happened, I recognized what happened and I am moving on from it.
To everyone that reached out from my biological family to my chosen family, thank you.  I needed that support and help in a dark hour.  I could not be the person I am without the strength, love, and energy that you all put out there for me!

Thank you for reading and sorry if it sounds like rambling, just wanted to get it off my chest really.  

No comments:

Post a Comment